01242 32 31 31
AXA Car Insurance
AXA offers third party, fire and theft, and comprehensive car insurance. The insurer also offers temporary insurance as an option, and a multi car discount with each car having its own policy.
Is AXA Car insurance right for me?
Since 2009, AXA has been ranked number one on Interbrand’s global insurance brand for 9 consecutive years. The multinational insurance company is based in France. They offer a wide range of insurance products including car insurance. Originally founded as Mutuelle de I’Assurance contre I’ncendie (Mutual Fire Insurance) in 1816, the organisation later became a part of the Ancienne Mutuelle Group. In 1982, they made the acquisition of Drouot Group, with this purchase, a new company name was required. Since 1985, they have been known as AXA. The name may appear to be an acronym as it’s written in upper case letters, but it was actually chosen because it would easily be able to be pronounced around the world by anyone.
• AXA provides two tiers of car cover: comprehensive, and third party, fire and theft
• AXA offers a multi-car discount, customers are able to save 10% on their policy by registering any additional cars for the household at the same address
• By linking with the multi-car discount, each policy will be given an additional 10% off
• AXA believes that its mission is to protect customers “so that they can pursue their lives and ventures with peace of mind.”
Get a car insurance quote from AXA
AXA offers its customers two different tiers of car insurance cover:
• TPFT (Third party, fire and theft), this is considered to be a basic level of car cover which includes replacement or repair if the policy holder’s car is damaged by fire or theft. Depending on the options selected, it may include overnight accommodation, onward travel, or a courtesy car.
• Comprehensive cover, this covers a number of extras as standard on top of TPFT (Third party, fire and theft). It may also cover windscreen repair, replacement / repair of the vehicle if the accident was your fault, and replacement locks and keys. Please remember that if you require breakdown cover, this will have to be purchased separately as it is normally an optional extra and is not included as standard within comprehensive cover.
Utility Saving Expert compares all the leading car insurance providers including AXA. It’s quick and easy to get an online quote within minutes.
I want to cancel my AXA policy
You have the option to cancel your AXA car insurance policy at any time. They offer a 14 day cooling off period, you won’t be charged any fees for cancelling during this window. If you decide to cancel after the 14 day cooling off period, you will be charged a £50+ admin fee. Remember to check all the terms and conditions of your policy before making any adjustments or cancellations.
AXA Review scores
AXA is one of the largest insurance providers worldwide. Here’s a few accolades the company currently has:
• Ranked as best insurance brand globally by Interbrand between 2009 to 2017 (9 consecutive years)
• Ranked at number 16 on The Sunday Times’ list of ’30 Best Big Companies to Work For’ in 2017
• Defaqto awarded AXA Direct’s Car Insurance 5 stars, while AXA Insurance was given 3 stars in 2018
• AXA has high customer satisfaction scores, independent customer feedback provider Feefo awarded the insurer the ‘Feefo Gold Trusted Merchant’ accolade in 2017
Can I get a multi-car discount with AXA?
Similar to other insurers, AXA also offers a multi-car discount. This means that more than one car within your household can be covered under AXA. You could receive a 10% discount for each vehicle registered with AXA. Each car that is registered will have its own separate policy. Each policy will not have to be paid for on the same renewal date. As an added benefit, all policies receive 10% off their premium and you do not have to share a certificate across all cars as they are separate policies.
What if I only want a temporary car insurance policy?
AXA offers temporary car insurance. This is insurance for a vehicle for a specific period of time. In some situations it can be very useful, here are a few examples of why you may need temporary car insurance:
• Borrowing or hiring a vehicle
• Driving a car you have just purchased
• Driving a vehicle whilst yours is being repaired or serviced
• Using a vehicle in any emergency
It’s always a great idea to compare a number of different insurers to ensure you are getting the best value for your money. Get an online quote within minutes at Utility Saving Expert. We compare all the leading insurers including AXA.
You can contact AXA insurance by calling them on 0333 241 3545 or by writing to:
AXA UK PLC
5 Old Broad Street,
The map below shows their location.