01242 32 31 31


Compare motor trade insurance quotes

motor trade icon


Looking for Motor Trade Insurance? click Get Quote to compare and see if you can save money.
road risk icon


Just need Road Risk cover? No problem, click Get Quote to see if you can save today.
part time motor trade icon


Are you a part time trader? No problem, we’ve got it covered, click Get Quote now.
under 25 motor trade icon


Are you under 25 or need to cover someone who is? We can help, click Get Quote now.

Traders Insurance – The Right Policy for Your Business

If you are selling or buying vehicles for profit you will need to be correctly insured to ensure that you protect yourself and your business.

Buying and selling cars and other vehicles can carry significant risks such as:

  • Your cars or other vehicles could be stolen or damaged
  • You, your staff or a customer could be involved in an accident whilst moving a vehicle or on a test drive or worse still, your customer could be injured whilst they are at your premises.
  • Searching for the correct insurance as a car trader and making sure you have the correct policy in place can be particularly time consuming and complex – unless you speak to the right insurers who are experienced at providing motor trade policies.

    Utility Saving Expert have put together a comprehensive guide to buying cheap motor trade insurance alongside our specialist quotation tool. As a business, we have gained a reputation of going the extra mile for our customers and for being a socially-conscious organisation.

    When you purchase your trader’s insurance through Utility Saving Expert, 10% of our net profits are donated to charities that fight fuel poverty.

    What are the various different types of car trader policies?

    If you work as a car dealer, you must have road risk motor trade insurance as a minimum. This type of insurance will cover you when you drive vehicles that you own and indeed the vehicles that your customers leave in your custody and control.

    Road Risk insurance is just a basic level of cover so you may want to consider if you want to add a combined insurance to your insurance policy.

    Combined Motor Trade Insurance encompasses both the road risk element of the insurance policy alongside a few different options you choose from. If you own your own premises you can insure against damage to them or indeed any fixtures or fittings, tools, machinery and even cars or other vehicles that you leave at your premises overnight. The other options you can add on are things like interruption cover this will keep your business trading if something happened to your cars, other vehicles or even your premises.

    Car Dealers aren’t the only users of Trade Insurance

    If you own a garage or MOT centre, repair or restore vehicles or are a Car Valeter, mobile mechanic or provide vehicle recover services that your business will also need to consider having an insurance policy which is designed for the motor trade.

    Additional cover is available for those that work in the vehicle trade including, but not limited to, public liability insurance (which insures your business in the event of a claim being brought against you for an injury sustained on-site, shoddy workmanship and for many other situations that may arise. The other insurance, that you should be considering if you work in the motor trade is employer’s liability, which covers you should one of your employees sustain an injury or death at work).

    The final insurance that you should consider is Product Liability, this covers you if a manufacture supplies you with a faulty part and allows the insurer to pursue for damages on your behalf because of the fault part.


    How to get a quote for Car Trade Insurance

    It’s easy and straightforward to get a quote for your car trader insurance from Utility Saving Expert. You can get several quotes by using our online quotation tool. Don’t forget by using our quotation tool, you are also indirectly donating money to charities that fight fuel poverty in the UK.