Compare, switch & save up to £450.42* per year on your electricity and gas.
- Compare deals from 100+ insurers
- Find a great deal today
- Buy online or by phone
Key information about Avro Energy
Avro says it offers three benefits:
- Avro saves you money: low priced gas and electricity tariffs, no exit or cancellation fees, the ability to take advantage of falls in energy prices and bills that reflect your usage.
- Avro offers a simple and easy approach: access to your account 24/7 and bills that are simple to read and jargon-free.
- Avro has a UK-based customer support team: quick response times, clear and concise information and an open and honest approach.
Avro Energy was launched in December 2015. Its managing director is Jake Brown. He founded the company to offer an alternative to the Big 6 energy suppliers.
How to contact Avro Energy
Avro Energy says that you will find answers to most of your questions on the Help and Advice section of its website.
If you wish to contact the company via post, you can write to them at the following address:
Avro Energy Limited, Eliot Park Innovation Centre, Barling Way, Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 7RH
If you would like to contact Avro, here is how you do it:
- Telephone: 0800 6800 795 from a landline and 0330 0885 754 from a mobile. Lines are open on Mondays to Thursdays from 9:00am to 5:30pm and on Fridays from 9:00am to 4:30pm
- Email: email@example.com
Avro is also on social media:
- Facebook: Avro Facebook
- Twitter: @avroenergy
If you think you can smell gas or think you have carbon monoxide fumes escaping from a gas appliance, Avro Energy says to call the 24 hour National Gas Emergency hotline on 0800 111 999.
If you have got a power cut, Avro Energy says to contact your electricity distribution company. It lists the telephone numbers for all the electricity distribution companies on its website here.
A map showing their head office location can be found below.
Compare, switch & save up to £450.42* per year on your energy
Help for low income families or those in debt
If you are struggling to pay your energy bill, Avro says to contact it on 0800 6800 795 as soon as possible. Avro has a confidential register called the Additional Service Register that identifies households that may need additional care.
If you continue to have difficulty in paying your Avvro Energy bills, Avro has several steps it may take. These include:
- Requesting a security deposit from you
- Installing a pre-payment meter so you can pay for your energy in advance
- Adjusting the tariff on your pre-payment to recover any money you owe it
- Offering you a payment plan that suits your circumstances.
Avro also provides a few tips that will help you save energy and therefore save money. It suggests:
- Draught proofing your home. Avro estimates draught proofing measures could save you up to £60 a year.
- Saving water. They suggests fixing leaking taps, only filling your bath as much as you need to or taking a shower rather than a bath.
- Using non-electrical appliances. Avro Energy suggests switching to methods that do not need electricity such as drying your washing outside rather than in the tumble dryer.
- Using your thermostats effectively. Avro Energy suggests setting your heating so it’s only on at certain times of the day or only heating one or two rooms rather than the entire house. It estimates that turning your thermostat down by 1° can save you up to £85 – £90 per year.
- Turning appliances off. Avro Energy suggests turning appliances off at the mains rather than leaving them on standby.
- Upgrading your boiler. Avro Energy says that a newer boiler can help you monitor and reduce your energy use more easily.
- Insulating your water heating tank. Avro Energy says that this will mean you will not use as much energy keeping your hot water hot.
- Using a smart meter. Avro Energy says this can help you see where you are consuming the most energy and take steps to reduce it.
- Use energy saving lightbulbs. Avro Energy says these will reduce your energy usage and last far longer than standard lightbulbs.
Warm Home Discount Scheme
Avro Energy is not a member of the government’s Warm Home Discount Scheme.
The Warm Home Discount Scheme gives people who are eligible a £140 discount on their electricity bill between October and April. The Warm Home Discount Scheme payment doesn’t affect your annual Winter Fuel Payment or any Cold Weather Payment you might receive.
For more information on the Warm Home Discount Scheme you can visit www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/
The energy industry’s regulator, Ofgem, requires electricity companies to provide information about the mix of fuels they use to generate the electricity they supply to their customers.
Electricity companies such as Avro Energy must also provide information about the environmental impact of their electricity. Both pieces of information must be published annually once an electricity supplier has been trading for 12 months or more.
Avro Energy was founded in December 2015, so it has not needed to disclose the information yet. It will make its first formal announcement in 2017.
Current Avro Energy tariffs
|Tariff Name||Variable Tariff||Fixed Rate Tariff||Exit Fees|
|Simple and Superior||No||Yes||No exit fees|
|Simple Energy||Yes||No||No exit fees|
Avro Energy Reviews
Avro Energy has an ‘Excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 67,474 customer reviews.
Compare Avro Energy
It’s quick and easy to compare Avro Energy tariffs with Utility Saving Expert.