Tonik Energy

Compare, switch & save up to £450.42* per year on your electricity and gas.

Key information about Tonik Energy

Tonik Energy’s aim is to connect their customers to new technology and find innovative ways to power your home. They provide access to 100% renewable electricity, sustainable green gas and provide the option to offset carbon emissions.

The company, like many other providers, hopes to reduce energy bills and help gas and electricity consumers be part of a cleaner future. They hope to achieve this by putting customers in control of how they generate, store and more importantly use renewable energy sources.

The provider believes that the home of the future must consist of innovative products that work closely together to achieve this goal. Examples include: in-home battery storage, electrical vehicle charging and solar panels.

Tonik Energy estimates that they have already assisted more than 50,000 customers join the renewable energy revolution.

Company history

Tonik Energy was founded in 2016, with the belief that there is a better way of operating in the industry. They refer to their customers as ‘members’, due to seeing them as part of a movement the company facilitates to reduce energy waste.

The company received the 2018 British Renewable Energy Award for Customer Service Recognition and Moneyfacts’ consumer award for Energy Provider of the Year.

They have their own in-house clean-tech installations team, The Phoenix Works. This is to help deliver on the firm’s promise to put customers in control of how they generate, store and use renewable energy.

Looking towards the future, Tonik Energy are “building the home of the future now.” This will be possible through their efforts to help customers to sell renewably generated energy back to the grid, balance the grid and end the consumption of non-renewable energy.

In February 2019, Tonik managed to secure a £13 million investment from Japanese investment firm Mitsui & co. The investment firm is now a minority stakeholder in the company.

How to contact Tonik Energy

You can contact Tonik Energy through a variety of different ways.

If you wish to contact the company via post, you can write to them at the following address:

Tonik Energy Ltd
Fifth Floor, Lombard House
Great Charles Street
Birmingham
B3 3LP

Opening times

Their office opening hours are between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. Remember that any telephone calls made may be recorded.

Contact Tonik via telephone by calling them on 03333 442 686

You can visit the company’s website directly at: https://www.tonikenergy.com/

If you need to email the firm, they can be reached at: hello@tonikenergy.com

You can also use social media to contact Tonik on Facebook and Twitter.

Head office

A map showing their head office location can be found below.

Warm Home Discount Scheme

Tonik Energy has NOT signed up to the government’s Warm Home Discount Scheme.

The government’s Warm Home Discount Scheme gives eligible people a £140 discount on their electricity bill between October and April. You are automatically eligible for the scheme if your energy company is part of the scheme and you get the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit. You may be eligible if your energy company is part of the scheme and you are on a low income or if you receive certain means-tested benefits.

The Warm Home Discount Scheme payment doesn’t affect your annual Winter Fuel Payment or any Cold Weather Payment you may receive.

For more information on the Warm Home Discount Scheme you can visit www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/

Fuel source summary

All suppliers, including Tonik, are required to provide information about the mix of fuels they use to generate the electricity they supply to their customers.

The environmental impact of this fuel mix must also be disclosed. This should be published each year and is known as the ‘Fuel Mix Disclosure’.

Fuel mix data for 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018 taken directly from Tonik Energy’s website.

Energy Source / Tonik Energy / National Average

Coal / 0% / 7.64%
Natural Gas / 0% / 41.24%
Nuclear / 0% / 20.01%
Renewables / 100% / 29.04%
Other fuels / 0 / 2.07%

For reference, Tonik Energy’s 100% renewable energy can be broken down as follows:

  • Solar 32%
  • Wind 68%

Environmental impact

  • CO2 g/Kwh / 0 / 290
  • Radioactive g/Kwh / 0 / 0.0017

Current Tonik Energy tariffs

Tonik Energy currently offers a whole range of green energy tariffs. We have outlined some of their most popular tariffs below:

Greenest Fixed (1 year) v3

  • Fixed for 12 months
  • Dual fuel
  • 100% renewable electricity
  • 10% green gas and remaining 90% carbon offset
  • Available as a Standard and Economy 7 tariff
  • No exit fees

Go Green (1 year) v10

  • Fixed for 12 months
  • Dual fuel or electricity only
  • 100% renewable electricity
  • Available as a Standard and Economy 7 tariff
  • No exit fees

Charge EV v1

  • Fixed for 12 months
  • Greenest tariff designed for electric car drivers
  • Dual fuel
  • 100% renewable electricity
  • 10% green gas and remaining 90% carbon offset
  • Available as a Standard and Economy 7 tariff
  • 2500 EV miles (credit for electricity to travel 2500 miles in your electric car)
  • No exit fees

2-year Greenest Fixed v3

  • Fixed for 24 months
  • Dual fuel
  • 100% renewable electricity
  • 10% green gas and remaining 90% carbon offset
  • Available as a Standard and Economy 7 tariff
  • No exit fees

For full terms and conditions, please visit Tonik’s website.

Tonki Energy reviews

Tonik has an ‘Excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 5,478 customer reviews.

Compare Tonik Energy

It’s quick and easy to compare Tonik Energy’s price plans against other leading suppliers with Utility Saving Expert.

UtilitySavingExpert.com Ltd’s gas and electricity energy comparison service is provided by Energylinx – Registered Address: e-centre, Cooperage Way Business Village, Alloa, FK10 3LP.

*Our gas and electricity energy comparison site is powered by our partner Energylinx. Energylinx provides the gas and electricity energy comparison service for UtilitySavingExpert.com Ltd and is fully accredited to the Ofgem Confidence Code. No common ownership or control rights exist between us. Giving you confidence in the knowledge that the projected costs are calculated in accordance with approved industry standards.

Like what you’re reading? Get more in our monthly newsletter!

Join 1000s of subscribers who are comparing, switching and saving money.