01242 32 31 31
Bell Car Insurance
Bell car insurance are a part of the Admiral Group. Admiral have more than 20 years of insurance industry experience and are based in Cardiff, Wales. They have featured in The Sunday Times’ list of top 100 best companies to work for every year since being established. Under the Admiral Group, other subsidiaries include Admiral, Diamond Insurance and Elephant Insurance.
Suitable for inexperienced and / or first time drivers
Bell is a telematics only car insurance provider, they offer black box insurance. Black box insurance will allow drivers who prioritise safe driving to reduce their insurance premium. A black box is a device that collects data, it’s fitted to your car and will monitor your driving behaviour. This may be especially useful for inexperienced or young drivers. Unlike most insurers, you only require the black box for 3 months. If you are able to prove to the insurer that you are a safe driver, you may unplug and remove the black box from your vehicle.
They will rate you as either a bronze, silver or gold driver. The feedback provided by Bell can give you a further discount after this 3 month period. Here are a few different things the black box will monitor:
• How you are accelerating
• How you are braking
• How you are cornering
• Location driven from and to
• Amount of mileage
• The time of day / night you drive
Standard benefits included:
• EU cover for up to 90 days
• Personal effects cover up to £100
• Audio and visual cover up to £1250
• Courtesy car (approved garages only)
The insurer also provides bike insurance, van insurance, car warranty insurance, multi-car insurance, and travel insurance.
Types of car cover offered
Bell offers three different types of car cover. TPFT (third party, fire and theft), third party only, and full comprehensive car insurance. They also offer a number of optional extras including:
• Bonus accelerator: Receive your no claims discount (NCD) in 10 months, instead of 12 months
• Breakdown cover: Local cover, national cover or European cover
• Legal protection: Make a claim for uninsured losses in the event of an accident that was not your fault. This covers things like personal injury, payable policy excesses, loss of earnings, or car hire expenses
• Windscreen cover: For those that don’t have this included as standard in a comprehensive insurance policy
Utility Saving Expert compares all the leading car insurance providers. It’s quick and easy to get an online quote within minutes.
You can contact Bell insurance by calling them on 0800 118 1619 or by writing to:
The map below shows their location.