Motor Trade Insurance
Compare cheap motor trade insurance quotes
- Complete one short form
- Quickly compare quotes
- Find a great deal today
What is motor trade insurance ?
Motor trade insurance, or traders’ insurance, is a tailored policy crafted for the automotive industry, ensuring cover for employees handling customer vehicles and the company’s own fleet. It’s indispensable for various sectors, including repair, servicing, and sales, providing comprehensive cover for all team members, regardless of their experience level.
Beyond driving customer cars, motor trade insurance is vital for any business interacting with customer vehicles, offering a safety net and peace of mind for both motor traders and clients, and safeguarding against unexpected risks.
Related Read: What is motor trade insurance?
How does a motor trade insurance policy work?
What types of businesses need motor trade insurance?
Motor trade insurance is crucial for various businesses within the automotive sector, offering tailored protection against specific vehicle-related risks. Whether involved in buying, selling, repairing, or any other vehicle interactions, a comprehensive policy is likely essential.
Key business needing motor trade insurance
- Car dealers: Protect inventory and cover liabilities, especially during test drives.
- Valeting and detailing services: Ensure cover for potential damages to customers’ vehicles.
- Breakdown and recovery firms: Mitigate risks associated with roadside assistance.
- Scrap dealers: Address environmental and safety hazards related to vehicle scrapping.
- Car restoration businesses: Safeguard operations, particularly when restoring classic or damaged vehicles.
- Car jockey services: Found at airports or large venues, these services require protection against damages during vehicle handling.
- Garages (Repairs, MOTs, Services): Secure comprehensive cover for liabilities and potential damages.
- Bodyshop repair garages: Specialising in vehicle bodywork, these garages need specific cover for potential damages.
This list is not exhaustive, and many other businesses in the automotive industry could also benefit from motor trade insurance. The flexibility of most policies allows for cover of all employees and the entire fleet of vehicles, ensuring a bespoke solution for different business models.
To ensure adequate protection, assess the specific risks associated with your business type and engage with an experienced insurance provider. They can guide you through the process, helping you understand the cover options available and tailoring a policy to meet your unique needs. Remember, motor trade insurance is not just about legal compliance; it’s a vital tool for risk management, providing peace of mind and robust protection for your business.