Compare Uber Eats takeaway food delivery insurance quotes
What does the job involve?
What are the requirements to drive for Uber Eats?
To deliver with Uber Eats, you will have to reach certain requirements – these are listed below.
Valid driver’s license
To work for Uber Eats delivery, you will have to hold a valid UK driver’s license for the vehicle you will be using to deliver.
At least 19 years old
It is an Uber Eats policy that they do not take on employees under 19.
Provide required documents
You will need to upload documents detailing that you have valid food delivery insurance and proof that the vehicle you are using is registered.
To deliver using a car, scooter or motorbike, you would have to provide a copy of your UK driver’s licence, a bank statement from within the last 3 months and your certificate of motor insurance.
Bike riders would have to provide a valid photo ID that can be a passport, EU or UK Driving license, ID Card or EU citizen card and a bank statement from within the last 3 months.
Pass the background check
You will also be required to pass an Uber Eats background check to ensure your eligibility for the role.
Your vehicle must be able to carry 30 pounds
The Uber Eats vehicle requirements should not be an issue for cars, but smaller scooters of bicycles will have to take this weight to show they can do the job.
As you have to provide your proof of insurance and registration, this will show a valid MOT on vehicles that require it.
Other vehicle requirements include;
- Vehicles must not be older than 15 years
- Cars can’t be dented, damaged or have missing parts
- Rental cars are only permitted when rented through Uber
What type of insurance will your need for your vehicle?
Need insurance for Uber Eats? Compare quotes & save today.
What are the benefits of being an Uber Eats delivery driver?
There are quite a few benefits to becoming an uber driver, such as;
- Being your own boss – The main benefit is the flexibility it offers. You will work hours to fit in around other jobs or responsibilities. When you start receiving delivery requests, you will be able to manage your own caseload, so if you are looking to make some extra cash, you can take as many orders as you can manage.
- Lower priced equipment – While Uber Eats does not provide clothing or equipment, you can make savings thanks to their deal with a third party supplier. You can find lower prices on delivery bags, bike accessories and clothing by purchasing here.
- Gympass offers – From just £9.99 per month, you and three family members can get unlimited access to over 1,800 gyms across the UK. The 30-day free trial is a great way to see if this is something you will use.
One of the most important things you will be wondering is how much money can I make with Uber Eats deliveries? This will depend on the hours you can put in and how you will deliver food orders.
If you have a car, you will be able to quickly take more orders and travel greater distances. However, you will have to consider the cost of fuel and food delivery insurance needed for the job.
According to Glassdoor, the average Uber Eat driver’s wage comes in at £25,811 as of July 2021.
You would not need previous experience to become a driver, but they require you to be a minimum of 19 to drive a car, motorbike, moped or scooter and 18 to deliver by bike. You would also have to have at least a year of experience driving.
It does not take long to become a driver. Uber Eats drivers must wait around 3-4 days for your background check to come through and activate their account. Following this, they can accept requests after a customer places their order using the Uber Eats app.